Jul 2, 2010

Our Tastes-- Buffalo Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal Stout

Not too long ago I got a package from Junk that had a couple of bottles of Buffalo Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal Stout in it. Since he now has his own tasting corner, I thought it time to busitowt, as some of my fellow Americans would say (most of them democrat). As a crack the crown on the bottle the wonderful aroma of fresh blueberries jumps to my nares! The color is no doubt dark but make no doubt it is not RR dark. The head flattens quickly in this 7.5% bev. The head is as one would expect, blueberry but more extract than fresh fruit, you can tell the difference. Taste is surprisingly balanced! It is though the malts, which there is a roasted backbone to it, have married perfectly with blueberries. The more I drink of it, the more the coffee comes through, but make no mind that the berries are here to stay. Made with pale and chocolate malts and of course oatmeal, then hopped with Kent Goldings and Cascade this is by far one of the best dark brews I have experienced in a long time. Nice job Junk, double your pay.