Apr 11, 2014

Our Tastes-- DFH Positive Contact


A light straw with particulate pours DFH's Positive Contact. The body is so light in color that one wouldn't think anything could be contained within except a slight aroma.  Head is a light white froth and nose of minuscule ethanol apple cider. Initial taste is complex with solid apple cider base but touch of warming cinnamon. There's a good peppery warmth that opens the nares for me but I can't absolutely identify it as cayenne. 9% abv. This one's a +. Part of DFH's Music Lineup, Sam collaborated with Dan the Automator of Deltron 3030 (yeah, I have no idea who he is, hum me a tune of his and maybe I'll know it) to create a Belgian-isque brew with Fuji apples cider, roasted farro, cayenne and late addition cilantro. 9%abv and initially released in a boxed set with a 10" vinyl EP with 4 rare tracks, I bought just the beer release. Call me simple.