Jun 29, 2006

A Little Homework

I have been on a bit of a brewing hiatus but with two hard rotations under my belt I can now afford to get back into the brew of things. Recently, I assigned some homework to BugMan1109 in trying out the "old" American Amber recipe from my first days of starting out on my own to check for flavor, head retention and conditioning. He has since finished that "homework" and I am eagerly awaiting the results. If the bottles haven't kept well, I will probably retire the Amstel Lite bottles that I gagged down so long ago for the sake of being aesthetic and simply continue with the traditional brown long-necks and just vary the crown color. Junk has also asked me to rate some of the last few batches of brew we did together in AU. Seems there is an over-conditioning problem with batches 11-15. I'll be chilling down a few bottles and really trying to nail down that problem over the weekend. I've got a few theories already but will wait until I crack one open first.