Feb 15, 2008

TnDC Field Trip #6

Well for V-day instead of thinking of uncertainty with a girl that has possibly pickled her brain, I am enjoying a trip to N'ville for lots of brew love with one who hasn't (oh and I bought her a ring and she's part of it all, so we're even). She looks lovely with her straight hair! She is more beautiful than any other girl I have ever known.... And I'm back, (Merry previous), today we tried BlackStone's Nut Brown and Scottish Ale. Later tonight we shot over to Bosco's for some Poor Richard's Ale and 90-/Shilling which used to be tax-based on the abv starting at 50-/Shilling. So far this has been a great post V-Day... Red (denoted here in pink) is an assistant brewer at Blackstone now and has come a long way since slapping together 5C batches of brew. The Nut Brown was nice but the Scottish (which was actually my 1st time ever trying this style) was magnificent. Merry and I enjoyed some nachos with our brew and I'll have to say, stay on track my boy, you brew good stuff! Bosco's was nice as well; however, my partner in crime has since starting gacking (must be a virus) so I got dinner to go and we rushed back to the Hampton.
Update: I ran well over 102F fever for 3 days and barely remember our trip, I was so sick that we skipped Midtown Spirits and couldn't get up with Junk and Red (denoted here in pink) for a tour of Blackstone and some growlers, maybe later, right now I'm just thankful to have sweat it out and have promises from my little buddy to try it again.