Apr 13, 2008

TnDC Field Trip #7 (and #6 revisited)

After 6 years in the making I finally got to obtain 2 bottles from my barrel at Maker's Mark. I had my name put on the side of a 1 year old barrel (#479007) and have patiently waited for it to mature, but I never thought it would taste this good. May be all in my mind, but philosophically isn't everything? We drove up to E-town the night before and gathered with everyone else at noon, the only problem was that so many people showed up early they had to start letting people in early!! This was by far the largest Ambassador gathering I have ever been to. The barrel makers were there (aka the coopers) knocking out barrels left and right. I also picked up a master distiller bottle and 2 ambassador bottles. The ambassador bottles were the first with colored labels. It was a great trip and continued on our way back to N'ville. We stopped and made a "leg" drop to Junk at work and had an early dinner at BlackStone Brewery. I picked up a growler of Maris Otter and Porter while I was there to enjoy later. Of course I made the customary stop at Midtown Spirits as well. Basically everything I was too sick to do last time, Merry let me do this time.