Apr 11, 2013

ESB's Namesake Arrival

I haven't blogged much because my latest ESB's "owner" has arrived. April 5, Evelyn Grace came into this world at 3:10pm weighing in at 7lbs 8oz at 19&1/2" in length. Oddly enough her brew is getting better and better the longer it sits on carbonation. Without divulging too much, her "flat" mates had interesting names. One I swore to share and research was the following-- Cherelijah, pronounced Cher+Elijah. Further investigation reveals the textbook meaning of the name, Cher is Louisiana Creole for "sweetie" or "darling" from the French derivative chéri. And of course Elijah is Old Testament Hebrew for "My God is Yahweh" or My God is Lord. Yeah, wrap your head around that one! At least when someone googles Cherelijah, I'll get a hit:) And by the way we've knicknamed her Hello Kitty, because when she cries it sounds like a cats meow?