Apr 5, 2014

Our Tastes-- Swamp Head Big Nose

My travels recently had me headed through central Florida with my dad. Oddly enough, the old man had never been to a brewery and with a little helpful reminder from Andy Mc, we were able to stop in at Swamp Head Brewery and buy a "jug" for my mom. It was my idea to fill it with Big Nose IPA. Between me, The Enabler and Andy Mc we were able to finish off the one gallon growler on mini-me's b'day. It poured a monstrous white frothy head with a light orange blossom color. The lattice of a step ladder appeared on the pint glass. Mouthfeel shines through with spectacular great citrus blended with a heavy grass nose from the Centennial, Cascade and Columbus hops (two dry-hop additions) with touch of malt backbone. 7.3%abv and rewardingly and empty "jug" for mom.