Mar 8, 2015

Our Tastes-- Blueberry Hill Lager

Trying to keep up with the offerings from Father Jim, I wrap my lips around Samuel Adams's Blueberry Hill Lager. It pours a very familiar slighted blue honey color, bright white light head and a nose of the same familiarity. Even Merry thinks it smacks of "wickedness". It is a crisp, light tasting, light bodied lager with a gentle overlay of blueberry on the end of the taste. Made with 2-row and honey malt then bittered with Tettnang Tettnanger to aid in the slight citrus freshness. Now that I've slid into some all grain brewing, I know a little bit more about this particular grain bill and enzymatic activity. It's a shame this one comes in the Summer pack only right now, I'd stock up and lawnmower this one right next to dad's "blue mountains" and Canoe Paddler. A solid 5.5% 191cal/long neck kayaker!