Nov 12, 2019

Brew Batch #134 KeeWeePee

As batch 2 begins to lighten too much for my liking, and I have come accustomed to having lagers around now. I embark on b3. (Or v1.2, I can't decide). So on numero 2 the only thing I did was bump up the pils and subtract some 2 row. For this one I kept the grain bill the same but instead of whirlpooling the last additions, I'm simply going to use the same charges to dry-hop. Hopefully those looking for more "hop bite" will find it and I don't seem to have any complaints on the malt backbone so here's to hoping. Then again I need to remember this is a relatively unknown style for the judges and truly an unknown for me as I have never actually had one and just read about them. My only complaint is that I get folks writing about green apple and with a 2 quart pitch on this thing it's not from the yeast. Are they sensing the Nelson Sauvin and not identifying it as such? OG 1.040+0.000@69F should be just about perfect if it drops the way the last batch did.