May 4, 2020

1st (hopefully NOT Annual) Quarantine Balls 10k

Since my wife wants to run a half marathon before she turns 40, I let her rope me into this little beauty a couple of months ago not knowing the current "social" situation. Basically this company puts together virtual runs of all lengths and has you post them to their Facebook sight on Scouts Honor. So since the local nature trail is roughly a 7 mile out-and-back, I give you the May the 4th Be With You (aka Quarantine Balls) 10K-ish. Merry knocked out a solid 1:15:58 for her first ever race of this distance and placed 1st overall in the women's division while I slowly remembered why I don't do many of these long races anymore as the tenderness in my left knee began to speak to me at the end of my 6.6miles and a time of 1:05:15. Thanks to Junk for sponsoring with a new Garmin watch. Now where's the beer and ice packs?