Aug 10, 2021

New Jersey State Fair Homebrew Competition 2021

 


SCUBA put this event on and the awards were handed out at the Sussex County Fairgrounds. I can mark The Garden State off the medal list cause When Doves Rye (33B) got gold in it's category to make it to mini-BOS then received bronze overall with a monstrous 40. I'll retiring it like The Cosby Show (on top of ratings). Vanilla Cyanidine had the judges confused between a good Berliner base and the lactose/dark cherry combo, 29 overall. So I'm not sure if I'll put it in the next one or swap out for Nonanal. I have to hand it to SCUBA, this was a well communicated and executed event. The scores AND sheets were posted within an hour or the live awards ceremony. Regardless of honors, any comp that can manage that with 293 entries is seasoned and runs well.