Sep 22, 2004

Our Tastes-- Smirnoff Twisted Asst. IVAN EDITION

Piotr Arsenyevich Smirnov was the Russkie that at 20 years old in 1860 Moscow (back when they really hopped - no pun intended) accidentally left a chunk of charcoal next to some alcohol over night and realized in the morning that it had adsorbed the fumes, leading him to the development of the charcoal filtered vodka we have all come to love. How this led the company to introduce Smirnoff Ice (2000), Triple Black (2002) and Twisted V (2004) I'll never know. The Madarin Orange is okay, a little like a light Sunkist; Green Apple is a bit more sour than I would have thought, Raspberry is alright and the last one left such a small impression that I can't even remember its flavor. I went through this phase when I was younger (right after the Zima year) and it seems to me that this beer is made for young women and my parents, go figure. Bottom line is this stuff is sweet and will keep you from enjoying almost anything else after you have had a few.