Sep 17, 2006

Brew Batch #18 Merry's Berry

I started to do a Japanese lettuce inspection and let this batch go to vinegar (for personal reasons) much like they let the crop rot in the harbor when screwing with a captain. But I finally got around to bottling this stuff and it really has a beautiful color to it! I lost half a Cong somewhere but I'm sure it's with the blueberries that got skimmed off during primary and secondary. I can tell you that it's a bitch bottling by yourself though, one starts to get rather imaginative with this process when working alone. Oddly enough I thought I had brought 2 cases of old Sam Adams bottles up here but in fact they were old Pete's Wicked bottles.... so apparently I have bottled "Wicked Merry's Berry", seems to fit a little better;) Got 47 12oz brown long-necks with blue turtle crowns and 1 clear. FG 1.002+ 0.002@ 78F. Yeah, I know 6.86%abv...this is why sweet things may get stronger and knock the taste out of your mouth (hee-hee).