Jan 25, 2007

Our Tastes-- Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale


I've been drinking this all season and have just now started to get to the end of the stash my mom of the Beat-12 chapter got me. Anheuser-Busch made a good move bringing this one to the bottle since originally it was draught only. My stout mouth is in full bloom right now, but I dip into the unknown for tasters. A-B is trying to cut into the micro market a little with this one and doing a damn good job. For a pumpkin ale, the pumpkin, clover, nutmeg and cinnamon come through nicely. It has a great copper color and boastful aroma with the addition of Hallertau and Saaz hops. They use Golden Delicious pumpkins from the Stahlbush Farm in Oregon. Tall fluted glasses are the best way to serve this one due to it funneling the aroma straight to your nose. The 5.5%abv doesn't hurt either.