Dec 2, 2007

Our Tastes-- Samuel Adams Boston Lager


Blech! It's been since 2002 when I had this beer last and the taste to me is still the same. We're trying the Samuel Adams Winter Sampler starting with the Boston Lager. We just got through seeing the commercial on the Discovery Channel as we watch Planet Earth and I'll just use Jim's words, "When you pour a Boston Lager it pours a golden brown, then you put your nose to it and I smell flowers, these are called hops." That's about all the kind words I can say about it. Even Indiana, my dog, won't drink this stuff. Introduced in 1985 using Jim's great-great grandfather's recipe (initially named for him Louis Koch Lager) it went on to be named "Best Beer in America" at the GABF only 6 weeks after coming out. A few chrarcteristics: 4.9%abv, 2-row pale and Caramel 60, Hallertau Mittelfruh and Tettnang Tettnanger, 170cal/12oz.