Jun 26, 2009

Our Tastes-- Fat Tire Amber Ale

Still reeling from the fact that I had lunch and breakfast at gate 80B in Denver at the Fat Tire Pub, I am finally finishing off some of the Amber Ale that seemed to me to be a seasonal offering, but I have found some places that carry it year round (the bike covered in snow threw me off). The color and head are reminiscent of my own Amber Waves. I nice tight low frothy head. The aroma of great biscuit malt (which for me has come to represent a great amber, you'll know it when you wiff it). Formerly Fat Tire and Abbey Belgian Ale, this is modeled after Jeff's trip bike trip around Belgium. As an electrical engineer he enjoyed more of the Belgian use of esoteric ingredients, such as fruits and spices and variable yeast strains. 5.2%abv and a definite keeper (like your favorite marble).