Jan 1, 2012

Brew Batch #46 REINKE'S REVENGE 2011

Well, the last time I brewed I hadn't in almost 5 months, now as bad as it hurts to type it Reinke's was the last batch I brewed (#44) almost a year ago, nope actually is was Hopbursted (#45)! So like I said last time if the Mayans had it right there will be 2 batches in 2012 which should conclude the rule of humanity on earth. It's a windy 70F day but as usual beautiful for brewing on the back porch. This marks the 7th time I've done RR and I think it's time to go back to the original recipe. No extra hops, oak chips, fruit blending. Just the original. So for this one, that means only 12lbs of dark malt, the usual blend of roasted barley, black and chocolate malts with additions of Galena, Fuggle and Willamette. That's how I'll brew it and bottle it; however, I do reserve the right to Randal some of the kegged version. But that's an after packaging augmentation, nothing to do with the actual brewing process. Merry is even helping with the stir action! OG 1.080@ 60F. Spot on!