Apr 5, 2012

Our Tastes-- Latitude 48 Deconstructed

Bringing on the Zeus. I will say that the head is much more frothy, which is a great indicator of alpha acid content for the untrained brewer or brew drinker. The higher the alpha the headier the beer and this one has a good inch on it. No cereal so there must be a ton of hop to it. Wow, it hits the sides of the tongue and paints a coat of bitter across it like a roller and roof tar! Alphas has to be huge on it. I know this because I have 3 VERY healthy rhizomes of this and have brewed with the whole cones. This may be my most favorite hop varietal mainly due to hardiness, but there's nothing like picking a whole cone of this I've grown in my back yard, rolling it around in my palms and whiffing the oil complexity. Don't have a pic of the Zeus label but how about some Mitchell Farms 2010 growth?