May 25, 2012

Brew Batch #47 Baltic Porter

Well the last of the dark beers for me for a while hit the keg tonight with a FG 1.014+0.002@ 77F to yield 6.9%abv using my same method or using the 7.5 division that Red told me about for 6.4%. Honestly, they are both fine for what I am doing, using Plato is what is universally used in large scale brewing anyway. It had a great swig to it and the only other dark beer I'd like to do right now is a CDA or Black IPA. Ever since tasting Stone Self Righteous (see Junk's Junk tasters) and having some in CO at GABF, I've started to gravitate fairly easy to this official class of beer. If I'm not mistaken it was just recognized in 2011? I'm going to try my hand at my new Blichmann beer gun on this one and hope I don't blow too much of it all over the ceiling while trying to bottle some 12s or 22s.