Oct 18, 2013

Our Tastes-- BlackStone Pumpkin Ale

Another pre-release sold out batch of this wildly popular brew. I've waited until my palate is clear to review Pumpkin Ale. Now form what I understand some bars were serving this with brown sugar around the rim of the pint glass much the way margaritas are prepped and it was flying out of the taps! Pouring a wonderful light marmalade hue with a relatively flat head this beer wafts of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Begrudgingly gave 2 bottles to my in-laws and they raved it to be the best pumpkin beer they've had all season and they're going through that "try them all in a seasonal" phase. Another friend said to "leave the head on it" and put some whip cream on top. The taste is crisp with just enough bitterness and gourd meat to make it superb. At 5.1%abv, I can see why places just like having a keg on tap. More a pie instead of gourd beer and nothing short of excellent.