Oct 12, 2013

Our Tastes-- Urkontinent

Blasted out by DFH as what I believe is a comparative to their Pangea concept beer. . Urkontinent, is the German term for all lands together so to speak or the theory of such. Belgian dubbel that laces nicely down, slight yeasty cloud with medium brown-ness. Wafts the nose of grained honey. I imagine with warming that it becomes even more complex. 8%abv with a nice roasted medium hint of coffee mouth feel. I admit knowing only one of the ingedients listed as part of this brew, "...wattleseed from Australia, toasted amaranth from South America, rooibos tea from Africa, myrica gale from Europe and honey from the United States', bet you can guess which one. I'd love to have another bottle of this and see what happens with slight warming on this one, but overall another superior brew by DFH. My only question on many of these Ancient Ales (the reference to this series) is what percentage of the specialized ingredients are actually in the recipes.