Apr 5, 2016

Our Tastes-- Tropical Disturbance


Another SwampHead beauty, Tropical Disturbance double IPA leapt from the 750ml bottle with a citrus nose that reminded me of a fresh orange being peeled in front of my nose. And the bottle was a good 3 feet away! I've been enamored with this brewery since before they jumped into their new mega space in which they currently reside and am secretly trying to figure out when I can see it. It poured a yellow straw wih high levels of hop particulate. At first I thought it was yeast bed but oh no, it was the Wrath of Lupulin (different than Khan). The slight sweetness from the Crystal malt is perfectly balanced with the Centenial, Columbus and Simcoe blend to give it the perfect sugar laden pine cone in a pint. And don't get me started on the label! Just when I thought I saw 3 panthers another appeared, how many do you count? At 8.7% I'd like to have these one weekend until I smelled like turpentine:)