Sep 23, 2016

Our Tastes- DFH Seaquench Sour


For my first ever sour, I have nothing to measure by, but it seems "spot on"? SeaQuench is a DFH offering and a Junk's Junk. Color is a medium clear copper and a nose of pure citrus, dare I say a beer-lover's margarita aroma? Lime is very forward on taste, but honestly I would never guess it's a blend of a beer I can't tolerate...GOSE! Now look, I've tried a couple and I just can't corriander/salt my way through a pint! But this, catches the palate just right in every way, even from a predisposing skeptical manner. A kolsch, Gose, Berlinerweiss blend? Partnered with The National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD to get their Maine and Chesapeake Bay salt blend just in time for Sam C to snub his nose at Reinheitsgebot's 500th anniversary. Look, at 4.9% I'm cutting mine and my neighbor's yard on this one!