Apr 13, 2019

2019 Arizona Spring Classic Homebrewing Competition

My only AZ entered competition and ended up with nada. However, out of 186 entries and Fedex screwing up the delivery which meant my bottles took 8 days to deliver I feel pretty good about Addition by Subtraction getting as 31 and Gettin' Lei'd a 27.5. Feedback is pretty much what I expected meaning A by S needs to be a little more crisp and I'm putting too much in the descriptors for entries like Lei'd where nuances like the banana can no longer be perceived. Would have come out better pointing out coffee by itself and seeing if the coconut was noted. But above all else, I like the fact that the comp organizer let me know when and in what condition the entries were received. Communication is best, and they posted scores and sheets light years ahead of IBU (which still haven't been posted).