This year's comp came and went. I was honored enough to judge and be judged. I can always count on Bill M.A.S.H. and the North GA Malt Monkeys to coordinate a smooth event. There's no poo pooing entries after judging and seems to maintain a high standard for the entries. Alas, jewelry eluded Occasionally and HOLD FAST!. 279 entries in 31 categories with some stiff competition. Occasionally garnered a 33 on some decent notes but I need to revamp that recipe from the hop/yeast side. I think the malt bill is solid but needs some definite tweaking to rid it of geraniol aromas. HOLD FAST! only eked out a 30. Good notes on it. Clean ferm was key, great color just wanted more of that NB aroma. May have to entertain the idea of dry-hopping that one?
Aug 30, 2026
2026 North GA Homebrew Comp
This year's comp came and went. I was honored enough to judge and be judged. I can always count on Bill M.A.S.H. and the North GA Malt Monkeys to coordinate a smooth event. There's no poo pooing entries after judging and seems to maintain a high standard for the entries. Alas, jewelry eluded Occasionally and HOLD FAST!. 279 entries in 31 categories with some stiff competition. Occasionally garnered a 33 on some decent notes but I need to revamp that recipe from the hop/yeast side. I think the malt bill is solid but needs some definite tweaking to rid it of geraniol aromas. HOLD FAST! only eked out a 30. Good notes on it. Clean ferm was key, great color just wanted more of that NB aroma. May have to entertain the idea of dry-hopping that one?