Oct 23, 2004

Brew Batch #7 Reindeer Ale

>1748hrs- Started the 1st ever batch of Reindeer Ale.
>2201hrs- Pitched the yeast into this monumental batch!!
This has been by far the most intricate batch I have brewed. Not only is it my recipe but I just hope it turns out decent. It doesn't have to be perfect and I can tell already that unless the fermentation process really darkens it up, I think I will add more black patent. Once I have tasted it, which will be sometime around Christmas (2 month batch), I will post the recipe that I started with but will most likely end up changing it. There was a great showing after the AU vs. UK game. Joe, Jana and Joshie- Semmes chapter, Larry, Sally, Zach, and Bill from the newly enthusiastic Cullman chapter, drop-ins by Keith and Big D- Halcyon East chapter, even made an appearance after doing some big biking on the wolf trail at Tuskegee Nat'l Park. OG 1.034+ 0.001 @ 65F. The temp of the wort came down extremely fast using the ice bath. So when I pitched the yeast it was going into 65F wort, because I had also added 3 Cong of cold H20. A great night in TnDC brewing history. (Forgot to take any pics the process was so exciting)