Jul 7, 2008

Our Tastes-- Saranac Traditional Lager

After all of these years I have yet to try this series of beers in depth. I've had the Pumpkin Ale only, I think when I could get my hands on it in The Rocket City. But starting this taster series is the Traditional Lager. The Enabler brought a sampler back from D.C. last year and since the Magic City Brewfest this year a distributor here has started caring a few more in their line, so why not try a dozen or so of their 20 something beers they make! The color on this reminds me of the same color as Miller Lite (I know it sounds bad but it's the truth and no I haven't had one of those in a long time!) The aroma is a sweetness associated with lagers. Made with Two-row, wheat, Cluster Tettnanger and Adirondack water. The taste is well worth beer after beer. 4.8%abv, go have some.