Apr 13, 2009

Our Tastes-- Brooklyn Lager

Continuing with the garage clean out at my parents house, I try Brooklyn Lager. I'm not much of a true lager guy. Don't get me wrong when Budwesier Select came out it was truly the best thing out close to a mass homebrew that was smooth to devour by the case when fishing, BBQin', hop gardening, baseball watchin', etc. It pours a nice amber light orange with a nonexistent head. Listed as being a British inspired Vienna-style beer (due to dry-hopping) the aroma is balanced at best. Made with American 2-row, Hallertaur Mittelfreuh, Vanguard and Cascade gives a 5.2%abv. It's okay but as of yet I am unimpressed with BB brews. I'm working my way to others in the line and still trying to complete the "DogFish Days" of summer before summer gets here but I only have so much time and so much liver.