Dec 5, 2012

Our Tastes-- Chocolate Bock 12oz


Still trying out part of the Harvest Sampler, Chocolate Bock is in the mix. This is a 12oz offering of the 750ml annual that was crazed about initially in February of it's debut year and then offered more often after that in multiple batches. I know, I sold them on Ebay! I will say this about the 12oz size. It to me tastes more altered than the 750s I have sampled from. The longneck has the same opaque brown color and nose of nearly no hop and touch of sweetness. But the taste is more forward cocoa nib sweetness and vanilla than I remember, that's what struck me the most about this brew. Cocoa nibs from Ghana, Ecuador, and Madagascar make up the chocolate spine on this one and Hallertau Mittelfrueh Nobles make up the hop addition. I like it but it's a full bodied brew with 5.8%abv, have 2 desserts and be out tummy-wise.