Dec 18, 2012

Our Tastes-- Victory's Saison du BUFF

An interesting plot to make the same recipe at 3 different breweries a part of a collaboration. DFH, Victory and Stone all make the same beer. Oddly enough, I picked up the first batches of the original 2010 releases at GABF. I was real hesitant to open the bottles but they have kept great. The nose wafts of yeast but the taste is a masterpiece of complexity. When looking at the cloudy straw colored bevvy, one wouldn't think that a sip would have a lemon zest, rosemary, thyme and on the exhale, I swear there's a hint of chamomile or lavender. It reminds me ever so gently when I breath in through my nose while drinking of an herbal cough drop. That's how intertwined the palate and nose are on this one. I like it but a single is enough. 6.8%abv makes is a smooth slide into the sheets.