Jul 27, 2013

Our Tastes-- Hoppy Top™

Sliding into some Hoppy Top  made by Red at BlackStone this evening. And I'll have to admit, it poured a limp wiener head and an off brown color that made me rethink what Junk had delivered. "HT" was carefully written on the cap and since I've started sealing all of my growlers with electrical tape, I simply believed the hop head and carbonation would hold? This was supposed to be exactly what I sampled previously. Taste was grassy alright, the same type of soured bermuda on the bottom of my lawnmowers deck since I've only been able to cut my grass 3 times in July thanks to all of the rain kind of grassy. And the nose, well let's just say I try to keep the garage aired out until our drier summer arrives. What withered leaf did Red put in this batch of paint thinner? HA!, today is opposite day suckas! This brew is simply another feather in the long flowing headdress of Stands with a Hop (aka Red). Color is a beautiful straw with bright white head that kept great in the aforementioned growler. The nose runneth over with grapefruit on this Big C brew and the taste has an awesome Simcoe (I think) bite. Even across the palate and still has a stupendous lattice down the tumbler. I can only hope my IPA turns out this way and Kent was smart enough to put this one in regular rotation with some sort of true trademarking. 69 IBUs, hhmmppff, and about 7%abvish? It's no Adam Bomb, thank God, the world only handle one of those! A truly phenomenal beer.