Nov 1, 2013

Our Tastes-- Samuel Adams Merry Mischief

Oddly enough since last season this beer apparently has been renamed Merry Maker. Color is a very dark black brown with immense nose of strong gingerbread, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon and a good dose of alcohol (9%abv). The taste is that of drinking a gingerbread man (or for me a woman;) with a splash bitterness of nut more prevalent than that of hop. This may be my favorite small batch Jim has dosed out at SA. Some of them are a bit odd but once again he knows how to put it together and make some great seasonal money. I already can't wait to have this one again and the pint is only half gone. Made with "Samuel Adams two row pale malt blend, wheat, Special B, Paul’s roasted barley, and flaked oats" then East Kent Goldings and Fuggles hopped, I should have known it was 300cal/pint!! May have to make this one my half marathon recovery bomber.