Jan 15, 2015

Spicy Men are Keepers

I pride myself on being somewhat well-rounded, like an oval (sometimes hexagon depending on who you talk to). That's why when I read this study about men who prefer spicier foods having higher testosterone levels, I immediately had to repost it and give my skewed views. Now first and foremost for those of you that actually read the 3 page abstract..it's an abstract, some of the values aren't very valid from a "good" study standpoint, most of the statistics and measurements are weak at best, but the correlation of those same weak measurements is definitely there. Bottom line on it is men who prefer spicy foods tend to have higher T levels. Now this isn't always a good thing but characteristics like metabolism, fat and bone composition are positive, body hair tends to be of overall better quality and the "drive" is there for the ladies with lower "soft cod" issues (layman term). Allow me to point out a couple discussion topics, I have some friends that are thinning on top but have shag carpets on their chests and grow beards like Bunyan. Really hard testes are no bueno from a medical perspective and "drive" is directly proportional to how often you get in the car. Now "coffee talk" amongst yourselves as I go have a chili beer;) Up next the correlation between phytoestrogens, man-boobs and IPA preference. (BTW, not this kind of cod:)