Apr 4, 2015

Our Tastes-- Southern Tier Warlock

I finally got a chance to sample Southern Tier Warlock and it did not disappoint. The dichotomy to ST's Imperial Ale, Pumking, this imperial stout has already been perfected considering it's only been brewed since 2013. Pouring a clear medium brown with slight garnet hues, the white thin head gave way to pumpkin pie and hazel nut (good pick up by The Taskmaster). The taste is a bit overly spicy in the nutmeg realm with much bitter coffee in conjunction with allspice. I haven't tried a lot of ST brews, but after checking out their website, I may have to brush up a bit more on them. I noticed at least 4 pumpkin based beers, so apparently they're not skittish of the gourd! I'll definitely be picking this full bodied "Black Series" beer up again next year. 8.6% abv