Apr 11, 2015

Our Tastes-- Voodoo Doughnut Pretzel Raspberry Chocolate Ale

Another contribution by Junk and a taster I finally got to try. This line of beers also includes a banana doughnut something or other, I think? VDPRCA pours a dark brown with chestnut highlights and is made with 10 ingredients, "2-Row, Munich, C120, Chocolate, Black - Kiln Coffee & Rogue Farms Dare™ and Risk™ Malts; Rogue Farms Rebel Hops™; Pretzels, Raspberry Extract, Chocolate, Pacman Yeast & Free Range Coastal Water". The aroma is dead on for absolute German chocolate covered pretzels!! Now let's be honest the taste is a gimmick and I often wonder what "flavor" we will taint good beer with next along with a snazzy label just to push conventional thought. Having said that and being a capitalist and proponent of the free market, I'd buy it again, try it with doughnuts and the shirt though pink is a must have for me. 5.4% abv for this candy coated "doughnut" brown ale. Will be trying the bacon one when I get it with my bacon-lovers t-shirt on.