Sep 9, 2015

Brew Batch #68 Jake's Juice

Look, when 11 gallons just isn't enough and the last batch was so controversial among the panel, you brew it again going into hunting season. So the 2565 German yeast turned the heads of most, this batch just like the other half of the last one is 100% inoculated with 1010 American. The real fun for me behind this brew is that I feel like I have a great handle (or at least a better one) on kolsch styles, specifically honey kolsch. The only variant I would throw in if I could split a batch at this point would be a protein rest at about 120-122F and keep 2565, I think. Other than that I feel like I could put this beer up against any of the same and I rather like the idea of the honey not always being exactly the same. OG 1.050 +0.002@75F, spot on. See ya in 4 weeks!