Sep 28, 2015

National Drink Beer Day 2015

Not to be confused with National Beer Day (apparently April 7th) to celebrate the Cullen-Harrison Act, this is an unofficial holiday with an origin I can't find. So I'll pour up something memorable and quaff down some Devil's Backbone Vienna Style Lager! It pours a head like a mane on a lion with about the same hue. Nose reminds me of sweet bread and the taste is unforgettable even though it was "boned" on 10/08/2014. Thank goodness it's been nice and cold. Made with Vienna, Pilsen, Dark Munich and Caramel malts balanced with Northern Brewer and Saaz this is a brew I would keep year round as my go to house beer. The smoothness is unlike any lager I've had. 4.9%abv plus silver and gold at GABF. When you look at the Aussie medals, it seems Foster's has a ways to go to catch up;)