Nov 1, 2015

Stout Month

Back in the day, I committed myself to a different brew in the month of October to push the palate. Redeeming this notion, I'll be having one stout a day for the month of "No Shave". Unless otherwise stated here, Earth may assume it's inventories of Reinke's (2005 ca. to 2014). However, Junk threw me some stout mouth bait not too long ago and today the beast is biting. From the Sooner Nation and a new brewery to me, I'm sipping Prairie Artisan Ales Limo Tint. Now a lot of good things came out of Oklahoma, and at first pour this opacity with it's pronounced nose of velvety cocoa nibs and slightly toasted malts seemed to be one of them. Then the head dissipated faster than a regular coca cola. Oh where, oh where had my little brown head gone. Carbonation was still there but in the same way it is for Miller High Life. The taste has all the right properties of a great milk stout aged over chocolate like the label says but the body is thin and the carbonation lends a touch of metal. Don't get me wrong the label was enough to get me through the pint, but I'd like to see Krebs Brewing put a little more grist and lactose in this one. Funny, Krebs is also a well known cycle that gives aerobes ATP. I guess I could live off of this, if say other milk stouts weren't available.