May 29, 2016

Our Tastes-- Pliny the Elder

Pliny the Elder. This taster was a special gift from Andy Mc and Missus. I had to post my own pic for absolute proof of this beer moment. Pouring a seductive nose of sweet pineapple cantaloupe golden melon with little indication of anything else. Bitterness is by far more suppressed than I thought it would be. Since reading of the Elder and Younger I've concocted this high abv enamel stripping beer charring its way across my palate. But no, the unassuming dark straw color and light mouthfeel breadiness envelopes the 8% abv perfectly (hence the 100 on ratebeer). Funny though, this beer is brewed year round and is readily available across Northern California. Bottled 2/11/16 and clinks in Andy Mc's glasses like meat and potatoes I could drink this all day, well at least until I had to take a nap. I rank this beer moment with my first Utopias, Speedway Stout, Westie 12 and Raspberry Tart. Go find and have this beer fresh!!