Nov 19, 2016

Another Run....

On the Alfalfa Bootleg Train. Harriet Tubman had the Underground Railroad, I've got Alfalfa and the semi-weekly bootleg. Yes, of course I know there's no comparison! But we're living  150 years later, I'd like to think our priorities have changed a little. First up, Mocha Marlin by Ballast Point. This beer is amazing! My favorite style, porter, blended perfectly with coffee and cocoa. With eyes shut, it's perceivable to have a StarBucks mocha coffee in front of you. At first sip the sweet English-style porter begins and finishes with slightly bitter coffee. Head retention makes this one a great sensory experiment.
Then let's stay with the sailing company and tackle The Cinnamon Raisin Commodore. A brown opacity with a confusing nose to say the least. Head is thick tan with the soft aroma of cinnamon. But the taste is of a dry stout balanced ever so gently with a SunMaid raisin and cinnamon roll. Man, this one makes me want to captain a ship over the edge! Mouthfeel is full and warming. It would be hard for me to pick a growler of either one of these to be buried with. So hopefully, I'll sip again later;)