Nov 19, 2016

BlackStone Tap House Review

I finally got to try out the new BlackStone TapHouse at their 15,000 sq ft production facility. It has a simplistic elegance to it. As I entered the tap area which is enclosed by solid glass panes on 3 sides, the first thing I noticed was the $125 stainless steel in-house light fixtures made using fermenter pieces with Edison bulbs to give it that soft ambiance. And wood is king in this place (figured Red would like that statement). Not like SwampHead, but NashVegas style. The grand bar is made with reclaimed floor joists from a warehouse built in the 1800s and faced with locally milled walnut that fell during a storm (not at Famous Doug's house). Not to mention the 500lb cross section piece the size of a Fiat from some giant Oregon or Washington State hard wood. The 16 floating taps allow you to interact with your bar maiden without breaking up the lines of the bar area and seem to yield more counter space. And of course the beer doesn't get any fresher, plus 2 of the taps are on nitro. Started  the Barrel-aged Baltic Porter and Barista Coffee stout and finished with Puckett's. Now you can try the Watermelon Goes-Ugh, but I'm not that adventurous. My only beef....where's the merch?? My bar chick had a sweet shirt on, you can buy fresh sixers on the way out, employees have sweet ball caps, but I saw none for direct purchase. Not a single nonic glass, die-cut poster, nothing. Get with it marketing, but then again if I had my choice of being able to enjoy (almost) every beer there or some underoos that have BS on the rump, I guess I'll go with the beer.

2312 Clifton Ave. Nashville TN 37209
Monday - Friday~ 4pm to 8pm
Saturday ~ 12pm to 8:00pm
Sunday - 12pm to 6:00pm