Nov 6, 2016

TnDC Field Trip #24 Reinke's AG

Last past weekend I got to brew with Junk and Red and there was so much to post, I broke it down into separate entries. Junk and I traveled to Flying Saucer (Nashville) where we were known as the "Mid Duders" on the tab to have the new BlackStone HangTime Pale Ale. Great new brew from BS. HangTime has a lighter body and slightly sweeter maltiness than my "go-to" PA Sierra Nevada. It doesn't seem to have that slight harshness that SN has. At 5.3%, this one has become my new favorite in the pale ale category. Also tried my first Dark Horse beer. I watched the series this brewing company had on TV and just wanted to be able to say I had one of their beers. Crooked Tree IPA finished with a good dryness with it's 6.5%. Picked up a couple 2016 Election pint glasses while we were there. A quick stop by Cool Springs Brewery yielded a Pecker Wrecker IPA and Drunkin Pumpkin. That seasonal brew was awesome, more the "pie" than gourd type. And lest we not forget my first ever orphan bourbon experience supplied by Wee Nay Nay.