Mar 7, 2017

Ten Days of Darkness

As we close in on my favorite holiday, I've decided to stretch the liver with 10 days of darkness. Meaning a week and a half of nothing but wonderful stouts! Today let's start with an American nitro stout, Left Hand's Milk Stout Nitro  (plus it comes with a handy Untappd badge;) Pour it hard is right, because the very thick head quickly dissipates to a reasonable level. A darkness that sunlight doesn't pass through pairs with a nose of light maltose sweetness. The mouthfeel is medium to full with a more roasty taste profile than I was expecting, yet not a detractor as I continue the beer. Not a chocolate milk stout by any means, I'll be having that winner later next week. 5.6%abv, using 2-row, Crystal, Munich, RB, Flaked Oats, Flaked barley and Chocolate malt (should have added some nibs in my opinion). I like LH brews but this one could have been better.