Sep 28, 2019

2019 New South Brew Off

I entered this year in support of my brew buddy over at One True Bine because he wasn't able to do so last year. After finding out he would actually be staying here and not moving, he didn't have anything brewed to send. So I reluctantly sent Octohop as 21B (that is now more 22A) and Taking a Dunkels (10B). Well, Octohop scored poorly with 29.5 but out of 150 entries TaD raked in a gold medal with a 37! So I now have gold, silver and bronze from the same comp in TN from TaD, WBI and Corporal Catbox v1.0. My comp entry days are more than complete in The Volunteer State. Wish I could just get any of that bling in Pennsylvania! Thanks to The Clarksville Carboys for a well-run and timely comp, I'm looking forward to the score sheets. And congrats to Andy Howell. I stopped counting his medals at 4, but then again, he did win gold nationally with his Pale Ale with the AHA.