Oct 27, 2019

2019 Hoppy Halloween Challenge XXII


A monster of a competition held in Fargo, ND put on by the Prairie Homebrewing Companions. This well oiled machine had 521 entries with KeeWeePee and Taking a Dunkels as two of them from Beat-12 Brewing Co, Saban Spit from Formation Brewing Co (of which I am half) and Come Sail Away from One True Bine. My first time entering this comp was 2017 with Ikigai (32.5) which oddly enough is on my short brewing horizon right now (spolier). RP@OTB snagged 36 on his mojito blonde while Saban Spit chewed up a 37.5 bronze! I guess that heat was just right as compared to his NSBO beer. Then in a mind awing shocker as I happened to stir in bed this morning at 12:30 and realize scores may actually be posted when a competition said they would be, there it was Taking a Dunkels 30! and KeeWeePee 40 min-BOS and gold. Again, this was one of the most well-run comps from communication about deadlines, to changes in delivery locations and receipt of OK entries. Win or lose, I couldn't ask for a more well-run event. Even though I can mark ND off the map, I may take a swing at a silver next year.