Feb 19, 2020

Brew Batch #141 Pill Roller v2.1 (aka Go Pils)

As I attempt hopefully this final version of Pill Roller (my Czech Pils that's been an International Pale Lager all of it's creation, in other words just not quite crisp and florally hoppy enough), RP at OTB thought who better to try it on than the military. So in a joint venture and partially funded by ACSC, PR v2.1 became a 10 gallon batch to be split and given in half to them under the Formation Brewing Co label "Go Pils". I also have been using my new hydrometer that I won at Hoppy Halloween and after an overnight mash on next to no grain for a 10 gallon batch got the OG reading of 1.030 (expected 1.043 @66%) and almost blew a gasket! So I tried ole faithful I've had forever. Long story short, a quick water test at 64F let me know that the new colorful prize was off almost 20 points and that's what I've been measuring by for months now. OG 1.048+0.000@64F