Feb 9, 2009

Brew Batch #28 Imperial IPA (aka 42-A*)

Today The Enabler and I bottled up 26 FULL and 1 partial 22oz long-neck bombers with silver crowns of 42-A*. The color is as great as the original but the nose on it is noticeably different for all of the true 42-A connoisseurs out there. The use of Kent Goldings at the end had given a slightly different aroma for sure, but the overall taste is very promising. I hope both of these brews turn out well. I have 25 sets to give out plus 1 extra 42-A*. Red (denoted here in pink) can sign my boobs for that one since I told him I felt like I was following a rock star around on the tour at BS and we'll consider it an even trade;) May not do labels for the bottles but will try hang tags instead, they seem to be more cost effective at this time and more personal. Then again both could be disasters and we'll all be sitting around knocking back The Wedding Series? FG 1.006+0.001 @67F, to yield about, drumroll please.......8.7%abv. Must have been the way I mashed the grains this time by incremental raising of the temp. Each beer I have done this on so far has turned out higher in OG, of course the special addition helped too (tee-hee).