Feb 3, 2009

Our Tastes-- Dogfish Head World Wide Stout

Continuing with a night of apparent darkies, DFH World Wide Stout, makes me yearn for St. Patty's at the OAA (which may or may not be there) very soon. I am not having this one in a deep tulip but I will if need arises have it in one. WWS pours a 10,000 mile oil change, with the noise of fresh Rice Krispies, that quickly quiets as though milk has over softened them. No need for a "beer clean"glass on this one because you can't see through it anyway! The nose is heavy with raisin, plum fruitiness almost killing the malt bill I know this one must contain. There is a slight translucence to the color after settling, which allows some (like a blackhole) light to pass. A taste of heavier vanilla and roasted, toasted malt like none other that I have had. Silk as it passes thougth the teeth and I can only imagine the hops needed to balance this center ring circus act. 18+%abv, 372kcal/12oz. There is a late season grumbling like no other, beyond Phil seeing his shadow yesterday. I can think of nothing better than 6 more weeks of bone-chilling cold to freshen the ole tastebuds and close the ranks of great friends around a warming brew.