May 12, 2009

Our Tastes-- Bischoff Wheat Beer

Look, this is another truly German bier and it hurts my head to read the website because I only took a semester of German, with a year of Japanese (too bad we haven't tried any nip brews, I mean that in the best possible way, I have some great Japanese friends and they know they have killed us with tape recorders and small electronics, there's no need for them to regrow their Navy after WWII). Falkensteiner UR-Weisse, is a wheat beer with fine yeast bed. I can't read the description so what you read in English is vat u bei gettin'. Heavy yeast nose comparable to Hoegaarden with particulate matter sinking to the bottom of the wheat glass we are using. Expected straw cloudiness. Heavy clove yeast strain used. This is a great hefe, or U-R hefe, I-B Frank. 5.2%abv, nice label, green bottle, great to have tried out of the BOTMC.