Jan 23, 2010

Brew Batch #36 REINKE'S REVENGE 2009

Well after fermenting or aging in some form or fashion for 67days, Reinke's was split between 25 long neck browns with black crowns (in their usual and customary way) and 1/2 corney keg. Melonhead did a little taster with me and the oak chips really brought out some great woody vanilla, it seem to cut the roasted coffee flavor and give it more caramel. Man, I am really proud of this one. This recipe has really evolved and I think I could have been a better contender in the LongShot with this one. What really shocked me was that between 11/13 when it was racked from primary and placed on 2 oz of chips is that is dropped another 14pts. FG 1.012+0.0 @64F, this gives it 9.85%abv, by far the heaviest RR, but the alcohol seems to be cut a little from the palate and more pronounced in the nose this year.